Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A review of the week of my birth

So my birthday week was horrible up until my actual birthday. The week at work was awful and stressful. I got in trouble for some more corporate bullshit that I really didn't want to put up with and was only a fraction of it was my actual fault. I had a horrible application week and the only actual deal I had to sell was a really crappy one at that, which by the grace of God the guy actually took it, although I have no idea why. 2007 hasn't exactly been my year, so you can understand that I wasn't exactly thrilled with the thought of having to celebrate my birthday at the end of such a crappy week in the midst of such a crappy year. In fact, I was being pretty negetative and feeling pretty bad for myself. I had convinced myself that my branch, filled with all men, would forget to decorate my desk. I thought no one would show up to the birthday happy hour I had organized, a typical thing for everyone to say they would come and then not show up. And above all, I figured that whatever it was that BJ had planned, would be nice, but maybe would disappoint. (That is awful and I just want to point out this had less to do with BJ's performance in the past and more with the growing negativity towards my birthday in greneral.) Oh and I was scheduled to eat dinner with my parents, which I was afraid was going to be at a restraunt I didn't like and they would get me gifts that reminded me so clearly of how much they don't actually know me and one more reason to want to distance myself from them. Yes I know. Awful. But if you want the clear picture of exactly want was going through my head, well, that was it.


Me and my Papa


Aunt Ramona and Mom

So here comes Thurs night, the night before my birthday and dinner with my parents. The first good news was we got to go to my favorite place, Lawrys. I ate with BJ, my mom, my dad and my aunt Ramona. That was actually a really nice surprise to have Aunt Ramona there. Then the dinner was great and my parents got me some really great gifts. Thoughtful, kind and really showed that at least sometimes they pay attention to what I like. It was really nice.


BJ and Aunt Ramona

My birthday started out fairly nice. I got a call from my brother pretty early. He actually set his alarm to call me. It was great to see him really caring about me because sometimes it doesn't always seem like he does. On the way to work I got a really great gift from a friend that reminded me that people can still be really thoughtful and really kind. The best part of the gift? The fact it had a hard written card where the friend had taken the time to write down how special I was to that person's life. It was very thoughtful. Much to my surprise upon reaching work, I found my desk decorated with ballons and a Happy Birthday sign. The rest of the day went well. I ate lunch at my favorite sushi place. I got a birthday crown! :) BJ had flowers delievered to me. He brought up a cake shaped like a flip flop. It was a really great time. Then after work we made our way to happy hour time. A ton of people showed up and we had a great time chatting about work and life and some of the craziness that had gone on. It was great fun.


My happy little decorated cubicle


The birthday kids- Courtney's Birthday was the 28th and Charles the 29th


The happy hour tables one

and of course two

After happy hour BJ and I went home. I pretty much crashed. The next morning I woke up to go see Hot Fuzz with BJ and Lance. We laughed so hard. It was really great. After some shopping and stuff I went with Nicole to get my nails done. Much to my surprise upon arriving home, there were a ton of people at my house to have a surprise party! It was great. I got to see some old friends and new and it was just a blast. Now that I have said a bunch of positive things and gotten some of the bad vibes off my page, I will upload some pictures so you can see some of this great fun! :)

Peeps enjoying Poker

People enjoying company and a movie

And of course the crazy clan that always stirs up trouble!

And see people, I can have fun and can be positive. There is just a lot of changes going on in my life right now that are difficult. Until the next post....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jacqueline Platt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jacqueline Platt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.