Monday, May 7, 2007

Truly, badly, deeply (With a positive twist?)

So work threw me through another loop. As if my life could take any more changes. I will try not to be negative since SOME people can't handle the negativity. You know what, I don't think I care. And if you can't deal with what I say, don't read it! No one is forcing you too. You want to give advice, you want to tell me you would have done it another way, great. You want to be a royal ass about things, well....no. Anyways, I am getting off topic here. So, I was already frustrated about my job. I did not exactly like all the ethical procedures and I didn't necessarily agree with how they had treated their employees but I was dealing with it because when they moved me to renewal they moved me under a really great manager. He ended up becoming my friend. I ended up getting to know his family and they have been a great support system for both me and BJ. Well today they informed me for basically no reason, they are taking me off his team. They are moving me to a different region in the company, I get no say in it and I am pissed. They took the only thing that was working out well in my life, which is my team. Because we had so much fun in our branch, we had such great chemistry. We laughed. We smiled. We knew how to have fun. And now I am getting robbed of that. To do the thing that I actually left Geico for. The thing I really dislike. Which is inbound. It is just incredibly frustrating. I know I need to be turning my lemons into lemonade people, I really do realize that, its just very frustrating. Its more then a little frustrating, it is extremely frustrating. I have to leave the only team that I have really loved with great management. Its almost like Steve is leaving all over again. This time its Michael. And to make matters worse, I will be right across the hall. Literally feet away from him and my team. The people I have gone through hell at the company with and they would do this to me. A lot of you are thinking, this is corporate America, suck it up you wuss and deal. Its just that with all the things I have been through with managers and the way I have been treated, used and abused, well....its hard to try and trust a new someone to get all the things that come with me. Because people, let's face it, I am not the easiest person in the world to deal with. But I am loyal as hell and honest and I truly do always look out for what I think will help the most parties involved and I just see this as a lose, lose. First lose is that one of your top employees is going to be miserable for a time and have to have a new ramp up period. The second lose is you lose her production on a pet project you need to do well or the president of the company is going to be on your back. I think these are several excellent reasons for me not to, but...what do I know. Oh and by the way, I am not trying to be cocky or bragatory, but I am fairly perceptive. I really do pick up on things before they happen and I am great at knowing the outcome when it is still in the early stages. I have a knack for it. So anyone who might tell me that I am wrong. I think that in a lot of things I have a lot of foresight I am not always given me credit for. Anyways, I am rambling now and I am tired. It has been a very long day and a lot of crying has taken place. I just need to rest now and try not to be too upset with the days outcome. On the positive side, BJ and I went to a marriage retreat in Houston this weekend that was a blast. It was pretty great. I will try to focus on that positive and not let bad get me down. Focus, focus Jacqueline on the good! And the funny thing is, that negative little me (well some of the time!) goes into work everyday with the biggest smile on my face, says hello to everyone, knows everyones name. I normally brighten up people's days! Wish they would just consider people's feelings a bit before they make decisions without even consulting the people that it effects the most. I will continue to try and work towards a more positive attitude.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAH WAH WAH!

James said...

Who ever this anonymous is, you are coming across now as a pathetic coward. Understanding that if someone writes a blog they open themselves up to be judged by others, but you act like a child or bully. Hiding behind "anonymous" your words are weak and should have little if any impact. Grow up.

Anonymous said...

I agree with James that this Anonymous is a pathetic loser who needs to grow up. Jacqueline is a wonderful person who just cares to much and probably should not share as much of herself as she does.