Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Long explanation

Sorry its been awhile. My life has been a crazy world wind of things lately and I have found limited time to write here. It has also been difficult for me to share myself and my feelings in this public of a venue lately for a couple of reasons. One is because of several situations to go on lately, it has made it very difficult to trust anyone hence I would certainly not want to trust an internet full of people with my personal thoughts and feelings. Another huge reason is I have been doing some personal soul searching and for reasons I cannot disclose here, I felt it best to do those in a completely private space so I could reflect on how I might better be able to explain what it was I was thinking and going through without the muddiness of my first draft if you will. That and I find my blogs are sometimes a bit much for some. They are a lot more detailed and vivid and share a whole lot more depth than the average, run of the mill type blog where it keeps you updated with what's going on in that persons life and what movies and books they have read or seen. Not to diminish those blogs purpose or point, they are more light hearted, easy for people to handle and less generally abrasive than the type of blog you might read in my space. I like to go deep. Its me. I have moments of light-heartness and fun as the people who know me well realize and then in the quiet reflective moments. In the times when most people find something simple and less complicated to fill the space, I bust out with something with more depth than some people will ever go to in a lifetime. Not because they are worse or I am better than them, but because their brain is not hard wired like mine. So sometimes I worry that the things I put here will be misconstrued. That people will take it wrong or judge me incorrectly. I am not writing this blog to be scrutinized. I am writing it to be a release. I am writing it to be something where people can understand me better and I can get there feedback on the situations I am going through and the life choices I have made. You don't have to agree with me. We can disagree on everything, yet if just provide me with a sound base for where you are coming from and why you feel that way, I will always have open ears and eyes to listen to you.

Long and complicated answer for why I haven't posted, but I thought it was necessary. That and I have been so incredibly busy. I have been working like crazy at Nationstar, I have been dealing with the usual household chores, cooking, etc, I have also been writing in my own personal blog/journal, and I am actually writing a book. I am about 7,000 to 7,500 words into it. Considering that the average length of a fiction novel is 70,000 to 75,000 words, I am about a tenth of the way there. I am very excited. I don't know how good its going to be, but I just decided to do it. I have made all the excuses of why not to do it, so I decided, what the hell, I will just get on and do it. That's whats been going on with me. I will try to write more frequently than I have been.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SoulOnIce said...

I'll definitely read it. Lemme know when you're ready to share it, and I'll be ready for it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jacqueline Platt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elaine said...

I tagged you on my blog and you have to play along.